20070406

San Javier

I have now officially had my first adventure:

This weekend is a long weekend here in Spain, for Easter. I decided to take advantage by traveling south to Murcia and Cartagena for a day and then continue inland to Madrid, where my friend Vasco lives. For a while my plans were on the brink of disaster.

Yesterday I managed to leave my trusty Crestone 75 pack on the bus from Murcia central bus station to San Javier (a coastal town where I am staying tonight). Due to the holidays (holy week, big deal here) the LatBus offices are closed. I know because I´ve been up since 0800 trying to reach them. Ready to give up hope I decided to intercept the bus on it´s route back to Murcia today at 1030. I´m not sure what divine will was working in my favor but the bus today turned out to be the same bus as last night and lo and behold my pack was sitting right where I left it! The bus driver said that he was on his way to lock it up at the home office where I wouldn´t have retrieved it till at least monday. Disaster averted and I feel somehow closer to my pack now that we´ve been separated and reunited.

No hay comentarios: