20070419

What I observed one evening while I was reading in my room.

From my room I have a fantastic view of the small walled in patio where laundry hangs out to dry like so many bits of our personal lives flapping in the wind.  As evening approaches I can begin to see the sun reflected off the wall five meters away on the other side of an identical patio to the one outside my window.  It creeps languidly along until it begins to invade the first window (where my window would be if I was on that side) and the clotheslines that occupy the sides of all the residential buildings here.  As the evening arrives, the sun turns down as if unsure that is should be allowed to transgress into our lives and fades away so that what was once a sharp line dividing light and shadow becomes a monochromatic sheet of yellow gray.  And then night falls.

Blogged with Flock

No hay comentarios: