20070326

quote day

"I lost a friend since I last wrote. She was a book person, a book store owner, an upbeat sparkplug of a lady who became a big supporter of mine over the last year or so. Thanksgiving night she finished her dinner, drove home, got in bed and never woke up. She was 52. When there’s no sickness or old age or self destructive behavior, it’s tougher to make sense of death. She was here, she was smiling, she’s not here. And I miss her. But in my attempt to make sense of what makes no sense, I see the lesson that looms. Appreciate the people in your life. Be kind, even when people aren’t watching you. Understand that the stranger that just cut you off, may be having a horrible day. Take a deep breath once in awhile. Seek out a sunset here and there. Know that you are one of a highly evolved species that is intelligent and remarkably resilient. Also know that you are merely an organism on a planet that, in theory, will not only continue without you, but will actually benefit when you become fertilizer." (1)


"I'll tell you about punk rock: punk rock is a word used by dilettantes and, uh... and, uh... heartless manipulators, about music... that takes up the energies, and the bodies, and the hearts and the souls and the time and the minds, of young men, who give what they have to it, and give everything they have to it. And it's a... it's a term that's based on contempt; it's a term that's based on fashion, style, elitism, satanism, and, everything that's rotten about rock 'n' roll.

I don't know Johnny Rotten... but I'm sure, I'm sure he puts as much blood and sweat into what he does as Sigmund Freud did. You see, what, what sounds to you like a big load of trashy old noise... is in fact... the brilliant music of a genius... myself. And that music is so powerful, that it's quite beyond my control. And, ah... when I'm in the grips of it, I don't feel pleasure and I don't feel pain, either physically or emotionally. Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever, have you ever felt like that? When you just, when you just, you couldn't feel anything, and you didn't want to either. You know, like that? Do you understand what I'm saying, sir?" (2)



"Where's your will to be weird?" (3)


(1) Joshua Braff Dec. 23 2005

(2) Iggy Pop 1977

(3) Jim Morrison

Blogged with Flock

No hay comentarios: