20070311

recap of the last few days + today

I just realized that I haven't introduced my hosts yet. They are two amazing generous people who have allowed me to stay in their home and have fed me and taken me out and I don't know what else. They are G and K. G is from the province of Cordoba in Argentina and K is from Russia. They are amazing and I don't know how I will ever repay them.

G and K also have a red tailed African grey parrot. Her name is Benjamina and I've suspended all judgement about her possible illegal status out of respect for G. Benjamina (or loca) is still terrified of me and often growls at me like a dog, puffs her chest out, and bobs her head in, what I suppose, is supposed to be a terrifying example of her strenghth and ferocity.



Anyhow, today was a full day. First though, a little bit about the last two days. The day before yesterday, around noon, K and I went to meet G at the main plaza (Ayuntamiento, which means administration or mayorality if such a thing exists). Then at two was the mascletada. Which is a daily occurence of rythmic explosions and fireworks. Mostly it's a lot of smoke and a few sparks. I'll put up some pics later.

Yesterday, I was sick with a head cold so I slept in a lot. Then at night we went to St. Patricks pub near Ayuntamiento and had a few beers with a charming couple. The guy, D is a vet from Argentina and his girl, M is a Valenciana training to be a school teacher. They want to come climbing with me!

Today we (G,K, and I) met up with D, and M in Castellón (a town about 40 miles out of Valencia C.) for an asado (Argentenian grill out). Man, nobody does it like los Argentinos, except for my pops that is.

Pics to come when I have more time. I promise.

No hay comentarios: